Thursday, June 30, 2016

road trip adventures - part 8

Well, we stayed in Chattanooga for an extra day and still barely scratched the surface of all the things that there are to do up there. I'd definitely go back for a visit. We made a morning trip to Ruby Falls which I have fond memories of as a child when we made a road trip from Louisiana to Massachusetts.


After the falls, we got back to the camper and packed up to come home. It was around 1:15 when we got on the road. Harry decided to take the "scenic" route home through the mountains and I ended up VERY car sick by the time we got to the NC/TN border. By the time we were outside of Asheville, I was really sick and it kept going until we got home (which was around 11:30 pm).

We've spent the yesterday cleaning out the camper to return to our friends before they hit the road for their own adventure. We are so grateful to them for loaning it to us for such a long time.

So, would I do this again? I enjoyed making the memories we did with the kids and I'm so glad we got to see all and do all of the things we did. I'm not sure about doing this in a camper again. The space was tight for me and I was pretty claustrophobic by the end of the trip. Having said that, I'm glad we took the chance and did this. One thing is for sure, it's not something we'll forget anytime soon!