Friday, March 20, 2009

FB - Innane or Helpful?

Ok - there's been a lot of Facebook backlash lately. Mainly because people of my generation (man I sound old) have "discovered" it thereby ruining the cool factor. Heck, I even have an article blasting it on my page. Yeah - the status updates can be tedious, but every once in a while, it proves it's worth. Like today.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far away, I didn't have kids, but was married and in college. Once of my absolute best friends worked where I did. We hung out a lot, and she understood me and my quirks. Heck - she enabled them! When I was with her, I was witty, quick, and funny. But somehow, over time, my life went another direction and we lost touch. Thanks to the glory that is Facebook, she found me and once again, I have a little more spark.

When I saw her friend request, I was as happy as the girl who wanted to be asked to the prom by the cool guy (and it not be a prank of some kind). I quickly said yes and now things feel right again. Will I see her soon? I don't know - I hope so. But for just a little while again, I feel witty and funny. Will she think I still am? Who knows, but judging by her postings, she still is and that's good enough for me!

No comments: