Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter is here!

Easter Is Here! I love Christmas - the lights, the sounds, the smells. All of it. I love the idea that a baby can change the world. Even at my worst times, Christmas has been a good time for me.

But Easter is different. More reverent and holy. New life in the Spirit world and the physical world. Beauty even in death.

Even though Jesus knew what was to come, He still came for us. He suffered for us. Lived as one of us. At the moment He could have said "Enough!", He still died on that cross. Even when He could have brought down Heaven on everyone and showed them all just who He was, He stayed humble.

I always imagine the look on Satan's face when he thought he had won - then Jesus shows up. I wonder if it was a battle of words. Physical even? Or did Satan realize and give up without a fight? Doubtful. Either way, it doesn't matter because Jesus defeated Him. One question I want to ask Him one day is just how it all happened. Can you imagine the faces of the angels and saints who had gone before when they got to see what was happening?

Too many times Christianity is portrayed as a religion for the weak. I think it's for the strong. For we daily have to endure ridicule for our beliefs, legislation that tries to take away our rights, and people that are hostile because of what others have done. Jesus endured, so we can too.

Hallelujah! He is risen!

No comments: